Stress is a normal part of life. Stress is good, when it is low, it can motivate us and help us to be more productive. However, too much stress or a strong response to stress can be harmful.
Stress is a response to a demand that is placed upon us. Stress is the emotional and physical strain caused by a person’s response to pressure from the outside world. It results, when the pressure to perform a certain task is greater than the resources available to perform it.
Each individual reacts differently to stressful situations. Anything can cause stress and it has different triggers. Some of the common causes of stress are:
- Family issues
- Financial problems
- Lack of time
Stress affects the mind, body and behavior in many ways, and everyone experiences stress differently.
|Physical symptoms||Emotional symptoms||Behavioral symptoms|
- Consume healthy and balanced diet
- Have a good sleep
- Exercise – being physically active has been proved to have a positive effect on an individual’s physical and mental state.
- Think positive – have a positive self talk.
- Set aside some time for yourself each day to relax and pursue your interests and hobbies.
- Limit the consumption of caffeine, alcohol and drugs.
- Breathing exercises and relaxation techniques are of a great help when you feel stressed. (Link to relaxation techniques)